[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:23:41 EDT

_Texasgsd@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Texasgsd@xxxxxxxxx)  writes:

Since it looks as though we are gradually drifting into the  forbidden zone
of German vs American discussion I am going to ask these  questions but I want
anyone who answers to answer me privately and not on the  list.  I want to ask
these questions because I want to increase my  knowledge about GSD's, not to
inflame or insult anyone, so again,  please  answer me privately.
1. There was a time when German  imports could come to the US and win at
shows here.  When did that time  end.

2. I have been looking at old Reviews and can  see the beginnings of type
change in the German bred dogs.  Loins started  looking shorter, shoulders
started looking straighter and the beginnings of the  roached back.  Did the
German
standard change?  Has the American  standard changed?  Why is there such a
divergence of type?

Diane

It is such a shame that we have become so intolerant of others' opinions
that we cannot rationally discuss these issues.  Diane has put forth some
excellent questions that could bring a lot of light in to why the  divergence
of
type between today's American dogs and today's German dogs.   What a pity that
we
are so narrow minded !!!!

Dania

Dania