[ SHOWGSD-L ] Question

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 19:44:19 -0700

Then how do we deal with children? They are represented in Court by a guardian
ad litem. It would be the same with an animal. Some think even plants suffer
when they are cut. I have mixed feelings about an animal being represented.

Being a flaming liberal can be daunting at times.

Evan L.Ginsburg

_____

Just finished an article for the Review on this subject. Will not detail it
here, because I no longer own it, but there are greater issues then us vs. HSUS
& PETA.

Just to say that our society is shifting and the world view of the past is no
longer a universal concept in America. The right to own property, whether an
animal or a house or anything is shifting. It was the basis of the revolution –
from power by the ruler to power from the people was a magnificent and freeing
thing. But increasingly we are being challenged by the collectivistic view of
property as belonging to the state and the attending opening for elite groups
to empower themselves to ‘speak for the animals,’ or ‘allocate personal wealth’
to those who do not have any or…. It is a war and I do not know how it will
turn out.

If animals have human status then our entire philosophical structure falls and
the owning of any property is suspect.

Most of you know my take on all this, so…. Being a conservative is also
daunting but not uncertain.

Dave

---