[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 20:13:20 -0700

If one animal is represented then ALL animals must be represented - just as
those with diminished capacity or children. How would that be even possible?
I don’t believe we’ve lost the war yet, but we do certainly need to understand
what is happening and it DOES impact all GSD owners… about time to stretch the
minds and become aware.

Stormy

On May 28, 2015, at 7:44 PM, David Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Then how do we deal with children? They are represented in Court by a
guardian ad litem. It would be the same with an animal. Some think even
plants suffer when they are cut. I have mixed feelings about an animal being
represented.

Being a flaming liberal can be daunting at times.

Evan L.Ginsburg

Just finished an article for the Review on this subject. Will not detail it
here, because I no longer own it, but there are greater issues then us vs.
HSUS & PETA.
Just to say that our society is shifting and the world view of the past is no
longer a universal concept in America. The right to own property, whether an
animal or a house or anything is shifting. It was the basis of the revolution
– from power by the ruler to power from the people was a magnificent and
freeing thing. But increasingly we are being challenged by the collectivistic
view of property as belonging to the state and the attending opening for
elite groups to empower themselves to ‘speak for the animals,’ or ‘allocate
personal wealth’ to those who do not have any or…. It is a war and I do not
know how it will turn out.

If animals have human status then our entire philosophical structure falls
and the owning of any property is suspect.

Most of you know my take on all this, so…. Being a conservative is also
daunting but not uncertain.
Dave

Stormy V. Hope