[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Now I am going to vent....

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pretties1@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:48:25 -0400 (EDT)

Here's the scary thing...I know what I want, I understand progesterone
timing, I know when to breed a bitch depending on if we are doing fresh,
chilled, frozen etc.  AND still there were screw ups with the labs  (plural!).
did what I thought was my due diligence by carefully  interviewing a
new-to-me vet. What about the 1st or 2nd or 3rd time breeder who  get taken by
all
this nonsense?????

Vaginal folds?????? VAGINAL FOLDS???????  Arrrrgggghhhhh!   I'm still
upset!!!

Congrats on a lovely litter:)))))

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 7/6/2012 1:42:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pretties1@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I feel  your pain!! Had much of the same excitement last year here in
Dallas...needless to say my bitch didn't conceive. Next time she came in
season, I drove 1,000 miles to Illinois; tests done, bitch bred, 61 days later
-
12 beautiful babies!!

Sue

---- Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Sooooooooooooooooooo.....my reproductive guru retired and the last
litter I
>  bred I had one HELL of a time getting progesterone  testing done...one
vet
> forgot  to call Fedex, the next vet  ordered the wrong test (would tell
me if
> a bitch was   spayed...WT******????), one only did a test-by-color (oh
just
> shoot  me!),  offices had shortened hours for MLK's b-day...I can't make
this
> up.
>
> It's a miracle we got  puppies.
>
> So, I spent a bit of time interviewing  vets.  Found one locally, spoke
> their reproductive  guru, which lab, hours, policies, services etc.  Yes,

> they  would run p-tests, yes they use Quest, (bonus), not a problem Ms.
>  Salvucci,  we'll be happy to assist you.  I still have our e-mail
correspondence
> and  then the notes I took during our telephone  conversation.
>
> So, gal comes in season, today is either  day 1 or 2, make an appointment

> for Monday.  All I want is  p-testing from this office, that's it. (I
have
> another vet for  other services, 3x the distance).
>
> Receptionist Monica  is sugar sweet and makes an appointment for a
> "reproductive  work up".  I'm sorry...a what????  I explain I just want
p-testing.
> "Mable" would have to call me back.   Yesssss......that's  who I spoke to
> before, she knows I use  other vets and said she'd look forward to
working with
> me. I  pull my copies of the correspondence out, with my notes, even
have
> the dates that Mable and I spoke.
>
> So Mable  calls back, she who assured me MONTHS AGO they would be happy
> run progesterone.  That's all I want, did I mention  that????  Nope,
they
> now feel it's better for the  bitch  and the owner (?????) that the
bitch has
> a  reproductive exam.
>
> I didn't mean to sound stupid so I  tried to sound patient and asked
"what
> all does that  entail"???
>
> *a physical exam
> *a vaginal  exam via scope to examine the folds of the vaginal lining
(say
>  what????)
> *a smear to see how far along cornification is (a little  early for that,

> no? besides did I forget to mention I'M DOING  PROGESTERONE)
>
>  and...wait for it....
>
> *progesterone IF I wanted it (IF??????     IIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFF????)
>
> No biggie.....I'll just drive 3x  the distance.
>

> Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
> Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions
> visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_  (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.