[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Now I am going to vent....

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pretties1@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:06:58 -0400 (EDT)

Oh it just s**cks having to break in a new reproductive vet!!!!!!!   I'm
soooooooooooo  glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about vaginal  folds!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 7/7/2012 12:19:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Like Kathy our 'ace'  reproductive Vet retired a couple of years  ago.
He almost apologized
to us as he knew how important he was to us.   I told him he  had no right
to retire before we
were through breeding.  ( besides he is younger than us!! )  ........but he
did anyway...<G>
I swear it is like losing a much trusted and loved family  Doctor!!!
It has been a struggle..... we have run upon many things similar to what
Kathy descirbes in
what some Vets require.    It has taken literally  three different Vets to
replace the one.....and
the three together don't come close to his availability and capability  and
the trust between us.
sigh.........
Most of us know the progesterone numbers, know the drill as well as most
Vets,  and handle
A.I.'s and natural breedings just fine,  and can handle most of it
ourselves anyway.
(.... without knowing how many "folds" are in the vaginal lining our  whole
life...... )
<G>
We cannot however run a progesterone test as accurate as the  Labs,  and we
need that
before investing in the huge cost of breeding with fresh chilled or  frozen
semen.  It's basically
simple.   Even a Vet Tech can draw the blood for the test to be  sent to
the Lab for results, and
then call you to let you know the numbers.
Anything else is fluff and..............KA-CHING!!

Carolyn    _marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
_www.Marhaven.com_ (http://www.marhaven.com/)

From: _Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx)  To:
_pretties1@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:pretties1@xxxxxxxxx)  ; _Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  Sent:  Friday,  AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Now I am going to vent....
Here's the scary thing...I know what I want, I understand  progesterone
timing, I know when to
breed a bitch depending on if we are doing fresh,  chilled, frozen  etc.
AND still there were
screw ups with the labs  (plural!).  I did what I thought was  my due
diligence by carefully
interviewing a new-to-me vet.
What about the 1st or 2nd or 3rd time breeder who  get taken by all  this
nonsense?????

Vaginal folds?????? VAGINAL FOLDS???????   Arrrrgggghhhhh!   I'm still
upset!!!

Congrats on a  lovely litter:)))))

Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit  _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_ (_http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_
(http://www.pinehillgsds.com/) )

_pretties1@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:pretties1@xxxxxxxxx)  writes:
I  feel  your pain!! Had much of the same excitement last year here in
Dallas...needless
 to say my bitch didn't conceive. Next time she came in   season, I drove
1,000 miles to
Illinois; tests done, bitch bred, 61 days later  - 12 beautiful  babies!!
Sue

---- _Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx)  wrote:
Sooooooooooooooooooo.....my reproductive guru retired and the last   litter
I >  bred I

had one HELL of a time getting progesterone  testing done...one  Vet
forgot  to call
Fedex,
 the next vet  ordered the wrong test (would tell me if a  bitch was
spayed...WT******????),
one only did a test-by-color (oh just > shoot  me!),   offices had
shortened hours for
 MLK's b-day...I can't make this    up.        > It's a miracle we  got
puppies.

> So, I spent a bit of time  interviewing  vets.  Found one locally, spoke
to their  reproductive
 guru, which lab, hours, policies, services etc.  Yes,   they  would run
p-tests, yes they use Quest,
 (bonus), not a problem Ms. Salvucci,  we'll be happy to  assist you.  I
still have our e-mail
correspondence   and  then the notes I took during our telephone
conversation.

> So, gal comes in season, today is  either  day 1 or 2, make an
appointment for Monday.
All I want is  p-testing from this office, that's it. (I  have  > another
vet for  other services,
 3x the distance).

Receptionist Monica  is sugar sweet  and makes an appointment for a
"reproductive
 work up".  I'm sorry...a what????  I explain I just  want  P-testing.
"Mable" would have to call me  back.   Yesssss......that's  who I spoke to
before, she
knows I use  other vets and said she'd look forward to   working with > me.
I  pull my copies of the correspondence out, with my notes,  even have  the
dates that Mable
and I spoke.

> So Mable  calls back, she who  assured me MONTHS AGO they would be happy
to  > run  progesterone.  That's all I want, did I mention  that????
Nope, they > now feel it's
better for the  bitch  and the owner (?????) that the   bitch has  a
reproductive exam.

> I didn't  mean to sound stupid so I  tried to sound patient and asked
"what all does that  entail"???

> *a  physical exam *a vaginal  exam via scope to examine the folds of the
vaginal lining
(say  >  what????) > *a smear to see how  far along cornification is (a
little  early for  that,