[ SHOWGSD-L ] Now I am going to vent....

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:34:48 -0400 (EDT)

Sooooooooooooooooooo.....my reproductive guru retired and the last litter I
 bred I had one HELL of a time getting progesterone testing done...one vet
forgot  to call Fedex, the next vet ordered the wrong test (would tell me if
a bitch was  spayed...WT******????), one only did a test-by-color (oh just
shoot me!),  offices had shortened hours for MLK's b-day...I can't make this
up.

It's a miracle we got puppies.

So, I spent a bit of time interviewing vets.  Found one locally, spoke  to
their reproductive guru, which lab, hours, policies, services etc.  Yes,
they would run p-tests, yes they use Quest, (bonus), not a problem Ms.
Salvucci,  we'll be happy to assist you.  I still have our e-mail
correspondence
and  then the notes I took during our telephone conversation.

So, gal comes in season, today is either day 1 or 2, make an appointment
for Monday.  All I want is p-testing from this office, that's it. (I have
another vet for other services, 3x the distance).

Receptionist Monica is sugar sweet and makes an appointment for a
"reproductive work up".  I'm sorry...a what????  I explain I just want
p-testing.
"Mable" would have to call me back.  Yesssss......that's  who I spoke to
before, she knows I use other vets and said she'd look forward to  working with
me. I pull my copies of the correspondence out, with my notes, even  have
the dates that Mable and I spoke.

So Mable calls back, she who assured me MONTHS AGO they would be happy  to
run progesterone.  That's all I want, did I mention that????  Nope,  they
now feel it's better for the bitch  and the owner (?????) that the  bitch has
a reproductive exam.

I didn't mean to sound stupid so I tried to sound patient and asked "what
all does that entail"???

*a physical exam
*a vaginal exam via scope to examine the folds of the vaginal lining (say
what????)
*a smear to see how far along cornification is (a little early for that,
no? besides did I forget to mention I'M DOING PROGESTERONE)

 and...wait for it....

*progesterone IF I wanted it (IF??????    IIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFF????)

No biggie.....I'll just drive 3x the distance.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions