[ SHOWGSD-L ] NO ONE CARES

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:04:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2005 6:04:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
..they  do not want to prosecute...judges are swayed by "deals" and a bunch
of legal
crap...dogs lose AGAIN!...she will be back out there "collecting  "again...

Actually I am sure we are hearing only half or less than half  of the story.
I am sure as well that part of her probation will be that she have  no animals.

 I represented a mother and her daughter who were  collectors a few years
back,

The police were waiting for the daughter to turn 18, so they  could prosecute
them both as adults. When they seized the animals, they found  149 cats and
over 30 dogs, a horse and one Afghan that was hardly able to move,  and shaved
to the skin.

When they sorted it out, I showed the judge that the Afghan  was a gift to
the daughter at birth, and was 18.  The humane society seized  the cats and put
them all down the same day. The judge was so disgusted with the  action of the
authorities that we made a deal, that they could plead guilty,  keep one dog,
and never have another animal after that dog died.

They spend all day every day looking and begging for food for  the animals.
They had saved an eagle a few years back and released it after it  healed. They
had a dog on the porch that was left on the side of the road with a  broken
leg, dying. They had the dog in a crate, cast the leg, and couldn't  afford to
take it to a vet.

All of this was wrong, they were a sick pair, and jail would  have served no
purpose.  In the end, I defended them, and got them out of  the business of
collecting. It also destroyed their lives.

 They did choose to keep the 18 year old  Afghan.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together