[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mixed Breeds

  • From: ejdegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:24:03 EST

The mission statement of the AKC says (and yes, it STILL says this):   The
American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its
Registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and
function.

This is the sport of PUREBRED dogs.  If I don't get into a USDAA  trial, or
a UKC trial, or any other nonAKC trial because the trial is full of  mixed
breed dogs, that is fine.  But an AKC trial should be available for
purebred dogs FIRST.  This year, the GSDCA herding trial was open to German
Shepherd dogs FIRST.  There were other breeds that did not get in to the
herding
trial because the GSDs got priority in entry.  I had no problem  with
that....it was the GERMAN SHEPHERD trial sponsored by the German Shepherd
club.
They SHOULD get priority.  In AKC agility trials, the PUREBRED  dogs should
get priority in entry.  In Mixed Breed trials, the mixed breeds  should have
priority.  In USDAA, whoever sends in their entry first should  get
priority.

We are all entitled to an opinion, but I do find it interesting that there
are such strong opinions by people to whom this won't affect AT ALL because
they  have never played in these sports....these changes WILL affect me and
my  dogs.

Julie  Degen
_www.caissonkennels.com_ (http://www.caissonkennels.com/)
"A well-balanced German Shepherd has a title on both ends!"

In a message dated 1/22/2010 1:07:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

From:  "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 03:22:02  GMT
Subject: Re: Mixed Breeds

Better that the owners of the mixed  breeds should be "upset because they
can't play that day"??

All dogs  are equal.
Apparently, some of you think purebreds are more  equal.

We all have a right to our own opinions.

My opinion is  that ALL people should be able to have fun showing and
working with  dogs.

Maybe Phyllis Newkirk or Wayne Pacelle would be happy to  help you keep the
mixes out of competition with "Special" dogs.

Paula, 263 days and  counting