[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mixed Breeds

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:36:37 -0500

Hi All;
As an AKC Delegate, I am thrilled about this. The have left the decision with
the Clubs to offer the classes to the Canine Partners
registered dogs. Since Obedience and Rally have been a sore point with my AB
Club the past few years, I am sure that this will help
the entry and also help these people to undertstand the world of Pure Breed
Dogs better. The sore point with my AB Club has been that entries in obedience
have not been great, the judges are expenses and we usually lose money, If this
will help boost the entry and
make in worth the afford, that is great!!!

I started in this sport in the late 70's with an ILP GSD and I ended up over
at the confirmation rings and fall in love.  I have not done
Obedience in years as the participants forgot that you and your dog were to
compete against yourself and improve your scores.

The partcipants became obcessed that if your dog did not work in the high 190's
they were crap. My first leg I ever got, was a 179 and I
was so proud of my Sheba and so excited as I was a neverous wreck. Her next
scores were high 180's and I again could not be happier
as we improved our performance. Hopefully the newbies will remember what
Obedience is really about.

This also means that my mix (Labrador/Shih Tzu) Nicky the Noodle can go to
shows with me to get his Rally title without me having
to go to different venues other than the AB shows. He goes to all the show with
us anyway and had his own fan Club.

This is what the Delegates wanted and the Board came through.

Cathy
Kelstar
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.