[ SHOWGSD-L ] Loose Lead Temp test

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:17:00 EST

In a message dated 11/20/2005 3:06:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
has any  one ever had their handler spook in the ring by the  judge??...

I have always tried to hire a handler that is sound. Often  they are aloof
and not subject to a reasonable approach.  I have had  handlers stand there and
ignore my approaches, and when I try to put my hand on  them, they often
ignore me. I have had a few of them turn on me, and I often  have to disqualify
them if they do so.

The real problem is if you marry someone who is aloof.   You need a better
temperament test for dating, and maybe we need to work on  that.  Maybe we need
a loose lead date program.

If you approach a potential mate and she/he is too aggressive  or too shy,
that person needs to be disqualified.  It would eliminate a lot  of my family
law business, but sounds like a good idea.  I am not sure  aloof is the right
thing, however.  Many of my dates were too  aloof.

That is why Tedi and I have lasted 40 years, and looking  towards the next
40.  She never minded that I am this aloof and have always  stood for
examination.  (Shut up Paul-The-Board Member).

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together