[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Carolyn @attack ? YES

  • From: "paulette mcguirt" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:27:20 -0500

Carolyn, You're absolutely right!  Normal GSDs don't attack the young. Last
year, I took my 7 yr old GSD bitch, "Jessie,"  to a large veterinary
college, where she's being treated for severe epilepsy.  As I stood at the
payment window writing out a check, I heard a kid squeal and then lots of
laughter.  When I turned around, I almost fainted!  There was a 3 yr old
toddler with her arms wrapped around Jessie's neck, trying to climb aboard.
You see, Jessie had never been touched by a child in her entire life.  Yet
my sweet girl, who had just been through a stressful neurological exam,
stood stock-still and allowed this baby to do whatever she pleased.  As the
kid's mom pulled her away, Jessie kissed the baby on the nose.  This is a
dog who was not only ill and stressed, but in pain as well.  (Jessie has
disc problems, front and rear.)  This is what a good GSD is all about.
That's why we love them.

Paulette McGuirt