[ SHOWGSD-L ] List of Judges-Board O Gram

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:54:16 -0700

name in
front of the public in advance.  Having been elected by petition 3 times
(one assignment was too close & I could not take it) it's a matter of =
who is
running on the ballot and the wishes of the membership.
Helen Franklin

Msg: #5 in digest
From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:19:06 EDT
Subject: Re: List of Judges-Board O Gram
hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Why should those people get their name out in front of the membership =
any=20
more than those who petition to judge or to be a club director? Is that=20
practice
mentioned in the By-Laws? If not it is a simple motion to change the =
policy.
If it is we can change the By-Laws in a constructive manner.
I have many ideas on how to change the nominating committee procedure =
also
but that is off limits. I will send my suggestions to Joan Fox and let =
her
she if there should be an addition or change to the P&P manual. My guess
sitting here at work is that there is no written procedure for specific
reasons. Gail Hardcastle

I agree with Gail on this. It gives a few an extra advantage (more time =
in=20
front of the public).=20
Who do we contact to initiate a change in the By-Laws?
Ileana