[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List of Judges-Board O Gram

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:39:41 EDT

Ileana:
I'm  surprised you would agree with that.  We have a Nom. Comm. which
hopefully  will give careful consideration to nominate people who are qualified
and
an  asset to the Board.  Many of the people who run by petition (not all
certainly) would not be an asset.  I don't think it gives the judges  nominated
by
the Board any advantage over those running by  petition.

Obviously I was not very clear, luckily for me 7 people brought this to  my
attention.

I would prefer if all the directors  ran by petition. They should meet the
requirements for the  position they are running for, and they should have
something to  offer to the Board and the membership. Not just lip service.
Real
solutions to real problems.  There should be a program for all the  candidates
to campaign, putting everyone on an even field.  And make  themselves available
to the membership for questions.  I see Joan Fox did  just that recently. I
was pleasantly surprised.   A debate should be  mandatory on critical issues to
the breed and the membership (maybe a blog??).  You know, Washington style.
That would be my preference.

The judges, however, with all the criteria that is needed, I have no  problem
with the NomComtt. to name those who are eligible.  That way we  know they
had the assignments and requirements needed to do the National (and  the
Futurities).

Hope this is a little  clearer.....<G>.

Ileana