[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purina Farms for National

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:51:45 EDT

I am back home from Caralon and catching up on mail.  I just have to make a
couple of comments about Purina Farms.
1.  For some reason, they are booked nearly every weekend for some kind of
show or another, including all-breed shows and various other breed nationals,
including other large herding breeds.  Seems lots of folks are able to handle
Missouri weather.

2.  The Pembroke Welsh Corgi National was at Purina in 2001, (started on
9/11) and will be there again this September.  We all brought lawnchairs and
some
brought tents and we left them in place overnight for the next day's shows.
No one fought over where to put their chairs or stole anyone's chairs.  Maybe
Corgi people are better behaved than German Shepherd people?

3.  Herding is onsite at Purina, lots of great sheep.

4.  Tracking is within 10 mins.

5.  Plenty of room for obedience, agility, etc., on grass too.  And again,
lots of other breeds and exhibitors are able to show there weekend after
weekend
and manage to survive the weather and keep on coming back.

Betty J. Johnson
Tintagel