[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Know when to hold them; know when to fold them....

  • From: "Barbara or DTA Amidon" <amidon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:00:49 GMT

This is a thread that is hard to answer..I know of a person who gave his dog to
a handler and it finished after 68shows????He was happy he had a Champion
whether great or mediocre..IT MADE THE PERSON HAPPY..Some will show a few times
and if the dog is not winning will stop..This is strictly individual..I dont
know of many that show to make the studs ROM..They MAY have great progeny that
should finish and maybe that is the reason.mOST STUD DOG OWNERS wouldnt want to
have the progeny shown unless it were good enough..As everyone seems to have
opinions as to a good or great dog ..It still should be what makes someone
happy..I know of some who wont finish a good animal because they didnt breed
it..Again everyone thinks differently..Usually a good handler will tell the
client if it would be hard finishing an animal if they are not doing some
winning..But if you dont GET OUT AND SHOW how would you know..Barbara Amidon

www.amber-german-shepherds.com