[ SHOWGSD-L ] Know when to hold them; know when to fold them....

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:14:04 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2006 11:07:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
For what length of time would you show a dog
that you are campaigning  towards it's championship?
As long at it is still fun for you, and the dog is having a good  time.

When do  you decide that the dog will no longer be shown?

When the dog is unhappy going to the shows, and you aren't enjoying  yourself
at the shows.

to help  the stud dog owner get his dogs ROM?  The brood
bitch her  ROM?

I have never gone after a title, such as ROM. You do the breedings, and  what
happens, does or doesn't. I am amazed at people who insist others work to
get a title for their own sire or dam.

How much money should it cost to finish a dogs championship?

I liked the Guz answer to that. A good dog will cost about $300 a  point.  An
average dog, the price of a small house in the country.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together