[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IT'S WAR!!!!!!!!

  • From: TRennie100@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:01:28 EDT

I had a similar situation nearly cause me a heart attack a few years back,
Mo!

I awoke one morning as usual,  got my dog bowl and went to get  some kibble
out of the large container on my back porch. It sat right next to an  old
butcher block table that I use to groom the dogs on.

I was half asleep while getting the kibble so I did not notice that the lid
was not sealed tightly.. No worries. I had to reach way down to the bottom to
get the last of the kibble while making a mental note (at 6 a.m?) to get more
 kibble and just as I was leaning down, scooping up the kibble, TWO HUGE TREE
 RATS ran up each NAKED arm. I screamed so loud that one nearly had a heart
attack itself and fell back in to the container.. The other rat is most likely
 still running..

How DARE tree rats from our lemon orchard come on to my patio and eat my
dogs' kibble??? I saw red when looking down at the poor idiot rat that fell
back
in to the kibble..

I sure hope he enjoyed his LAST meal that day............

Try some bacon in the trap. That has worked for me in the past.. Also, my
exterminator told me years ago that if you had a smart mouse or rat, to leave
the trap NOT set for a few days with goodies in it.. They are not as smart as
you think and will eventually get bold and you will get your guy! Worked for
me  on my smarter mice and rats..

Now I have McCloud, a true blue GSD mouser! Gotta love those English dogs!  I
have not had any problems since!

Teona

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)