[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: HANDLERS

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:54:12 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2006 7:39:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx writes:
but I  would like a discount for doing the handler's work for them.   Sheila

Technically the handler is hired to take your dog in the ring to the best  of
his/her ability, not groom, train or otherwise.  There are some handlers
that groom or have conditioners that groom for them, and some that don't.
Many
owners would rather do it themselves and that is fine too.  But to  want a
discount on handling fees for a handler that doesn't groom, seems to be a  bit
odd....mainly because this would be an issue that you would want to be clear
of
in advance of hiring a handler.    Handlers some times  get dogs that have
been "groomed " by owners, that are dirty , matted ,  smelly...and have to
somehow fix it, or worse step into the ring like that with  the dog. An insult
the judge and embarrassing for the handler. I know we  have had it happen to
us.  The dog in question smelled so bad, and was  damp to boot, that you could
smell him ten feet away.  The judge wiped  her hands off after examination.  It
was very embarrassing .  I felt  bad for Ken.  But this owner insisted on
"grooming" his/her own  dogs....really bad.
Kathy

WEBSITE UPDATED: MAR 19, 2006~ SEL 2 ANNIE X NITRO  PUPS!

_http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/)
VICTORY GSDs, There Is Something In A  Name