[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Government run health care!!!!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, SallyHH31@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:16:36 EST

I have a Health Savings Acct qualified plan.

(LOVE THOSE!)

In January it will be $264 monthly.  Very easy to understand; wellness  is
covered from the first dollar, then there is a $2,600 annual deductible,
then  100% coverage up to $5,000,000.

In addition to the monthly premium paid to the insurance company, I can
(but am not obligated to) contribute up to my deductible into an actual
account,  PRE-TAX.  What I don't use rolls over into the following year,
(unlike a
 Flexible Spending Account w/ an employer).

I can pay for things that would go towards my deductible out of the HSA
account w/ pre-tax dollars, OR things that would NOT go towards my health plan
 deductible...like dental, eye, some OTCs.

Nice huh...to be able to pay for things I'd normally pay for anyway w/ pre
tax dollars????

DO YOU GET THE IMPRESSION THAT I LOVE IT????

...and depending on which piece of legislation you read, these plans may go
 the way of the dinosaur...sigh....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 12/9/2009 10:54:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Did anyone see the intervierw with the Dr.in I think NY that was starting
his own co-op. You paid him  75.00 per month and you got to see him as  much
as you wanted. I am not sure how hospital stays were cover or if they
were.

What is everyone paying for health insurance, those that are not on
medicare?  Can you buy major medical coverage by itself?
Terry