[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDs in the Group Ring

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <tlsgsd@xxxxxxx>, <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:40:56 -0400

I love the way some exhibitors describe judges as political.  Here's my take
on that:

If I put up your dog, I'm honest, good and sweet and kind and nice and also,
btw, knowledgeable.

If I put up from Bred-By, I'm wonderful.

If I put up a professionally handled dog, I'm political. (Never mind the
handler's dog is the best on the day)

If I beat a professional handler, I'm stupid...after all, he has the number
one dog.

If I put up the handler, I'm political.

If I put up your enemy's dog, I'm political.

If, on the way to the ring, I speak to a handler I've known for 30 years,
watch out...I'm probably a crook...and heaven forbid that handler wins later
in my ring, that proves it...I'm a crook and I'm political.

If I speak to Joe Doakes on the way to the ring, his dog better not win
later...I'm a crook and political.

If I stand and talk to an exhibitor (who placed 3rd) after giving out the
ribbons, that person obviously only got a placement because we are best
friends....

And of course, everyone showing dogs knows that his or her own exhibit is
the typiest, best moving, nicest coated, most beautiful representative of
the breed in the ring on the day............         and the judge who
disagreed and found something else to put up has to be a moron.

     At least, that's what I read on those lists that discuss judges all the
time.  You can't win for losing!
Peggy