[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity sponsorships and other thoughts... part 1

  • From: Lee <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:45:37 -0500

At 08:21 AM 1/20/2005 -0800, Kathaleen Strong wrote:
>This risk/benefit ratio is the same risk/benefit that these clubs have for
>regular specialty shows; however, they don't get a "percentage" of the
>entry, they get the entire entry that they have to then pay their expenses
>from.  They don't get a "percentage" of advertising, they get the entire
>amount.  And finally, they have the CHOICE of how much they are going to
>spend on Trophies; they are not locked into paying for the trophies for a
>futurity that may or may not have enough entries to cover the costs.

Since there has only been one club in the ''80s that lost money on a
futurity, the risk of putting on a futurity and loosing money seems to be
small. I am not sure the same is true for regular specialty shows.
Therefore the risk/benefit ratio is not the same.

It seems to be that you are using some mucked up numbers to support what
you really want -- the parent club to pick up the cost of the trophies.