[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Florida Legislative Alert

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Vixen12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:57:31 EST

In a message dated 3/9/2006 12:14:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Vixen12@xxxxxxx writes:

I  don't see the problem...don't we keep records on our puppies worming,  and

shots prior to taking in for their health certs?  I  do!    I  also have a
contract that allows buyers 72 hours  to take said puppy to a vet for
exam....I
don't know if I'm missing  something here??
Tina

My contracts provide for most of these requirements, also.  But I do  have
a concern with the provision that says the seller must reimburse any vet
costs
the buyer incurred.  There's no telling what kind of charges you may  get if
the buyer knows they don't have to pay for anything.  The less  responsible
vets may urge the puppy buyers to run unnecessary, expensive  tests, too.
My contract states that I am not liable for any expenses other than what I
agree to in writing before hand. `

There is also the question on whether the state will accept the records  of
worming and vaccinations that were not administered by a vet.

Janice