[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fault-Free-Yeah Right!!!

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 08:39:47 -0800

Unfortunately I'm going to weigh in and say this:  DREAM ON.

"back in the day" people would give a reasonable list of things they would
advise bitch owners steer clear on their dogs because he had produced this
or that with the bitches he'd been bred to up to that point.

Being stupid, I did the same thing when I had the opportunity to have my dog
Fly So Free presented in the Red book.  I was honest and suggested the
people not consider him if they had petite, finer boned bitches, bitches
with ear problems in their background, or bitches with short coat.  I did
elaborate on what he did produce well -- which was exceptional balanced
coordinated motion, long necks, above average backs, extreme rear-angulation
and lovely style.  I suggested the olderstyled, "honkin' brood bitch" types
were the ones he did the best with.  After all, he had already sired a Grand
Victrix, and another son nearing his championship, and several other progeny
that has placed highly in their futurities.  The dog had less than 8 litters
upon his appearance in the Red Book.  I think he got a total of 2 other
bitches after that point.

The general point is... BITCH OWNERS DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH. Heaven
forbid if your dog has a fault -- afterall, there are so many other stud
dogs out there that are faultless.  "TOP PRODUCER" doesn't have any meaning
anymore -- it's been polluted by people with $$ signs in their visions.

When you see a younger dog (4 or less) enter the Red Book for the first time
with more than 15 litters -- ASK YOURSELF THIS -- What were these stud dog
owners doing?  Throwing "Wazoo" after "Wazoo" at this dog in the hopes that
a volume of puppies may produce one or two that will bring the next flood of
"Wazoo's" to their dog--and of course, the associated $$'s that come with
the Wazoo's?????

It's all in the numbers-------A dog who produces lower number of litters in
his lifetime and high number of good ones ---   WITH ACTUAL BIG WINS is a
better producer than a dog who has 25-40 litters before 2-3 progeny out of
half sisters hit the National and place!!!  Or in other words -- TOP
PRODUCER actually is a phrase that should be put to dogs that can produce
QUALITY... not dogs that have a multitude of quantity before 1-2 puppies
came out that were reasonably nice.

But then... what the hell do I know.

Kathaleen