[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fault-Free-Yeah Right!!!

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:01:50 -0800 (PST)

This is the first I have heard that "there are a lot of missing teeth out
there".  Really?  I am not being facetious here, I really did not know that.
Back in the 80s we saw maybe more than usual, but haven't heard it lately,
until now.  There were a number of dogs shown with missing pre-molars (I owned
one).  Mine never made it beyond class wins, and rightly so I believe. She was
a well bred nice female, but not of the superior quality that you could ignore
the teeth.  I thnk that it is such an easy thing to select against, that like
Sally,I choose to not have one here.  Cynthia
Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Yes, there are missing teeth out there,
there are ALOT worse problems than
that.... but, you must always weigh the good with the bad. Prioritize your
problems before you do ANY breeding. Know your own lines

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I agree but there are a lot of missing teeth out there right now. When
people take the OH WELL attitude And keep on breeding into it and doubling
up on it the breed will be headed for trouble. Years ago you could stand at
ringside and see holes in the mouths of a lot of Dobes - But they got tuff
and corrected the situation.

Is a missing tooth better then a mega sure but I don't want either one
here

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.com

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.