[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Facebook & the List

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:37:18 -0800

The nice thing is that Facebook is where the young people are....it reaches
A NEW audience
for our club, our breed.  Personally, I get tired of the same old themes ,
even to the point of Evan
making a joke regarding "gee is is time for this or that discussion?" ,
because there is very little new
to talk about.
Choosing to use Facebook or not, is a personal choice one makes.   I
believe there is room for both.
There is no medium without risk...not even "lists" as we all know.  People
that believe bugs only come from
social network sites need to be better informed.   I have over the years
gotten many "critters" as they are called
here from lists of varying kinds, private emails, etc.
But COMMON SENSE tells you when not to open a given item, and it is no
problem.

   The club needs NEW people, it also needs to move into the 21st century.
 It must grow or we
face extinction as a group.  New and exciting venues are just one way to
help do that.
If they are good enough for BIIIIG companies, and worthwhile..then I think
they just might help us.

Besides that they are FUN, and visually interesting.  We have met some
people thanks to
this new venue (but not new) that we consider great friends...all over the
world.
   It is about finding new ways to be INCLUSIVE, and INFORMATIVE...not just
to one group of
a select few..but to MANY.

   Regardless of how you choose to communicate, keep in mind, it is all
about growing and supporting the
club and the breed.

Best wishes to ALL
Kathy

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: Oct 18**, 2011*
*Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*Victory's The Perfect Storm v Garter  "Clooney"*
*VP Kappo von Eisenwerk (V Geck di Casa Nobili son)
*
*Nixie vd Sequoia Gigantea   "Cinderella Dog"*
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"