[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Facebook & the List

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:50:21 -0500 (EST)

Crazy think about Facebook, sometimes people "share" too much. Point: had a
 girl applying for a job and during conversation Facebook was mentioned. I
"friended" her only to find out her license was suspended (she applied for
a job  that requires lots of driving), she was going to another interview
hangover from  partying the night before (a Wednesday) and many other things
that made me shake  my head. She was sharing all these things with others,
freely.

Oh, no, she never came back, she needed a drivers license to finish her
application....<G>.....but it made me wonder about peoples NEED to say
everything. When they do laundry. When they are at a restaurant. When  they are
at
a bar.  Different strokes, I guess.

I think The List rocks, and I DO use Facebook. Mainly I like looking at the
 pictures. And there are sections, like the Stud pages, lots of good
information.  I dont keep up with the conversations since I am only there maybe
once a  week.  I "see" a lot of the listers on Facebook, so obviously there is
 no competition. And there shouldn't be.

To each its own.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
DEXTER, aka BISS 3x Sel EX AM CH & 2x Sel  CAN CH Karizma's Cacique of
Inquest TC, DM normal
JACKIE, aka Kaleef's  Expensive Date, HT (major pointed)
and the Poodle Patrol, Bunny, Huckleberry  and Doc Holliday

In a message dated 1/10/2012 1:32:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:

See,  that's what's great about this list.  We can agree to
disagree:-)  I give my opinion, you give your opinion, somebody  else
has an opinion that differs from either of us and everybody  else in
the "room."  Hey.. wait!  Isn't that what they  call Brain Storming
(pun ABSOLUTELY not intended), and great ideas  come forth from that?

We need to allow differences of opinions WITHOUT  going into an
uproar... THAT is what creates the problems, not the  idea of sharing
opinions or ideas.

Stormy Hope
Speaking as  an individual