[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FEEDING RAW AND FLYING

  • From: TLSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:51:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2006 9:29:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dry  ice is frozen carbon dioxide...CO2 It doesn't hurt me when I breathe
it...only when I touch it in it's frozen form...and then it burns the hell
outta anything that touches  it.

Rebuttal?

ABSOLUTELY!!  Several years ago the company  that my father works for was in
the process of building a new freezer and in the  meanwhile was storing
everything using dry ice.  Employees were not  provided protective equipment
and
were told there was no harm in breathing the  stuff - WRONG!!!  CO2 burns lung
tissue!  Occupationally induced  asthma, etc, with lifetime of meds!  Not worth
the risk.  Of course,  JMO.

Terri  Stout
_Cresthaven  Kennels_ (http://cresthavenkennels.com/)