[ SHOWGSD-L ] FEEDING RAW AND FLYING

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, amergsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:54:44 EDT

Hi Gang
I have a question, re: a dog that is going to the National and is on a raw
diet, owners adamant about it, which is fine, but presents a challenge.....How
to get the stuff there from California w/o  it degrading or thawing or
whatever.  It has tripe and chicken and veggies all custom blended and  mushed
together and frozen, block style.  It is easy to manage here, but  with the new
flight restrictions I wouldn't be able to carry it on?
How to you raw diet folks that travel by air recommend I pack this  stuff?
I thought about a zillion gel packs, but they never seem to  keep stuff frozen
and we are talking about 8 or 9 hours before it's  all said and done (from
our house to airport, wait, flight, wait, and to  rental company)  I thought
about block ice, in bags, in a cooler, the  cooler in a cardboard
box.....trying
to avoid breakage and  leaks....aaaack.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thank you,
Kathy
_www.Victory_ (http:www.Victory) germanshepherds.com

We are what we repeatedly  do, Excellence then, is not an act, but a
habit.-Aristotle
Victory...There's Something in a  Name