[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eliminate Futurities. Can you imagine it?

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:03:29 -0400

Most voters are pretty much like sheep! Follow the leader no matter when he or
she is leading
Ed Hill

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I like a good leader, and often give them more credit than I should. I have
faith in our board, mainly because it is a number of people with good
intentions. And, when someone brings up something that is not popular, there
are enough others to stop it.

The Futurity discussion has been great as it brought to the table those who
have strong opinions. So far I haven't heard anyone who wants to eliminate it,
but I do know of a few that do. I also have argued to death with those who want
to reduce the regions. So far, no one who shows has told me they want to reduce
the regions, to date it has all been people who go to watch, but don't enter.

I say, we can reduce the regions to four. One in San Diego, one in Los Angeles,
one in Sacramento, and one in San Francisco. If you want to go to five, we
could have one in Reno. That would cover 10% of the citizens of this country.
The best reason to add a fifth show in Reno is that after all, the President of
Reno is one of my favorite people.

Evan