[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM...awful thing

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:37:55 -0400 (EDT)

Oh for God's sakes Barb, one would have to realize the owners who did the
test would be heartsick when their dog came down w/ DM. And then they spent
the $$$ for the necropsy.

What would be the point of creating a false POSITIVE?

I mean, if one was going to fib, wouldn't it be for a false  NEGATIVE?

I don't know who you hang with, but I've never had someone lie to me about
what thier dog carried.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 6/7/2012 11:32:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
barbara17236@xxxxxxx writes:

How do we know those dogs were the ACTUAL dogs tested?  Remember, a  while
ago it was brought up that the "honor" system was being used for the  actual
swabbing? No witness or vet involved verifying chips or  tats?   And, some
questioned how one would truly know if that dog  was swabbed or not?  Well,
perhaps, these are those cases?

The best thing to do is do the test, keep the records, and necropsy the
dogs.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German  Shepherd