[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DM...awful thing

  • From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 10:13:54 -0400

Cynthia,

Since the test is so new, its reliability has been questioned.  I can
tell you that I have tested all my dogs (from different bloodlines)
and have come up with 2 CLEARS, 4 CARRIERS and 1 AT RISK.  Since
(supposedly) the AT RISKS dogs can produce DM if bred to other AT
RISKS or CARRIERS, the disease might not be be inherited.  I don't
know.  I just know that by testing, my breeding scope has been lessened.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog