[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Cooking for dogs , ideas, opinions

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:23:05 -0700

Yes, I remember Connie Beckhardt telling about cooking for her dogs. One
ingredient she used was cooked Oatmeal. I used Oatmeal for years for all my
GSD. I don't now because I only have ONE dog. Oatmeal was a staple in my
feeding for more than  35 years every morning, as was 1/2 a hard boiled egg.
When we lived on acreage in Livermore. We had  chickens as well as geese and
one goose eggs was equivalent to 2- 3 chicken eggs !!
Geese by the way, are excellent watch "dogs". Our dogs were kenneled and
housed near our house the geese, chickens, rabbits, and horse etc., were
beyond a second gate on the back acreage, away from our home and kennel.
When those geese squawked we knew that either a fox or coyote was  trying to
get at the fowl. And then our dogs would chime in with the barking !!
OH...memories, I loved those years, country living, few close neighbors the
long drive to town, trying to get my youngest daughter out the door early
enough to catch the school bus etc.
Oh those were the days !!
Beryl Eshom
Arelee