[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs losing money on shows

  • From: "Amy Safdir" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:24:18 -0500

We are charging $24.00 entries. This helps to cover all the AKC increased
fees.
we find it necessary to sell food and drink, raffles and silent auctions to
make a profit on our shows or at least break even.  Our club members also
take part in sponsoring trophies to take some of the pressure off of the
clubs treasury.
We do in turn offer our exhibitors very nice trophies & rosettes and a great
free of charge dinner party after our Saturday show where all our members
make their famous dishes. We invite all exhibitors & friends of the breed.
We have tried to get 1 local judge and 1 out of towner,,,,but that will only
last for so long since you can't get the same local judges over and over and
over.
It is tough but you can't rely on entry fees to cover your
expenses...........that just isn't happening any longer.

Hopefully the people that can afford to, will support the show giving clubs
by purchasing raffle tickets, participating in auctions and buying lunch.
But we all realize how expensive a show weekend is.
However, in the end supporting your specialty clubs keeps you from having to
go 1000 miles to try for a major, end result being more expensive than a few
raffle tickets, lunches and auction items.
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com