[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs losing money on shows

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:54:59 -0800 (PST)

The reason for the limited number of Evaluators is to keep the test and the
scoring uniformed

I have to ask. Why would 8 evaluators be more uniform than 12 or even 16? There
is a test and the test is scored according to a predetermined set of criteria.
If all evaluators preform their duties by the book I don't see a problem.
Terry

CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 12/11/2004 11:36:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, LeBrowngsd
writes:
The problem you may run in with a temperament test is bringing an evaluator
in to do the testing. If I am not mistaken there are only about 8 evaluator to
cover the whole US so if you have to fly someone in, you have to factor that
cost in. I always said that I think the PC should have more evaluators and
more clubs would probably do the temperament test if they could keep their cost
down.
Yes, this is true that there are only about 8 Evaluators, I am one of the 8.
Usually when a club flies an Evaluator in, they are there for the weekend, so
clubs have held matches either the day before the Temperament Test or the day
after, using this person as one of the judges (breed or obedience). Depending
on who your Evaluator is, you can also hold an after test dinner with a
speaker. Many clubs also alternate years that they hold a test to help build
their
entry with club members. The reason for the limited number of Evaluators is to
keep the test and the scoring uniformed.

Lyn ~ Cherlyn Shepherds
Where Intelligence and Conformation
Come Together

POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the original

Terry Cochran
www.FairwayShepherds.com
www.Rightdog.com    RightDog Photography
http://mail.yahoo.com