[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs losing money on shows

  • From: CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:52:20 EST

Cyndy...

We are considered a large club and we also lose or just break even on our
show. During the year we have held two matches, both include obedience which is
open to all breeds, we held a Temperament Test and a Herding Clinic. Knowing
that your show will take a loss, hold other events that will bring in income.
Also try a 50/50 raffle at your matches and shows. Try to keep your expenses
down by holding matches outside. I believe we charged $22 or $23 per entry at
our
last show. Try holding a Temperament Test, the hosting regional club makes
$17 per dog, the entry is $20 and the $3/dog goes to the GSDCA to cover their
expenses of the certificates and postage. A Sr. Evaluator can test 30 dogs per
day which can earn your club $510 less any expenses. The GSDCA will allow you
to open this to other breeds also.
Good luck!

Lyn ~ Cherlyn Shepherds
Where Intelligence and Conformation