[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Members who won't participate

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:35:51 -0500

       I think that some of the Board Members who are planning on not
taking part in the conference call next week are doing so because they
are under the
(wrong) impression that if they don't take part, they can't be sued.   I
suggest they ask an attorney about that, because it is my understanding
that unless they
drop dead, YES THEY CAN.
       Whoever is leading these people around by the nose is feeding
them misinformation as fast as possible...and then running for the hills.

    Besides, and I'm getting tired of saying this, ANYONE CAN BE TURNED
DOWN.  This is in Roberts' Rules, for one thing.  All that has to happen
is the person doesn't get enough votes.  Any respectable court would
laugh in the face of anyone bringing suit because he or she didn't get
enough votes...so long as an applicant is not refused because of his or
her sex, sexual orientation, race, or religion, there is no grounds for
a law suit.  So, let him bring it...you Board people need to know,
AGAIN, that you are covered.  If you defeat the purpose of this
conference call by not participating, and there is no quorum, you should
resign from the Board, and do it now.  Don't hold on to a position for
which you don't have the guts to be responsible for.  You can always
abstain...but show up, or be branded as cowards forever.
     After all, your names will be known to the membership...as per our
ByLaws.  There's no getting around it.  Show up, and vote No or
abstain.  Otherwise,
resign.

Peggy