[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Members who won't participate

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:49:31 +0000

Lynda says, at the end of a list of assumptions:
"I'm just saying we need to have an understanding of the fears and concerns our
BOD may be dealing with if, as you say, some are preferring not to participate
because of fear of reprisal.
Lynda: For some on the board, their fears and concerns contributed to the mess
we are in now. For others on the board who voted yes, their motives were not
based on fear or concern. The entire board knew this vote was comming about as
far back as March of '06. As far as fear of reprisal is concerned, what do you
think is going to happen at the next election if Hunte is not removed.
"So, let's offer some real, tangible support".
The support is there! They are covered by the Club insurance. And, they have
all of the support of the members who want Hunte out!
"These people are volunteers, don't forget, and this is definitely a trying
time for each and every one of them I'm sure.
Like it's not a trying time for the general membership, who are made to look
like Hunte's stooges!
It's not a trying time, for those who are fighting to salvage the credibility
of our Club with breed clubs
all over the country! It's trying times when those who are willing, stand tall!
And just to add a little more support for thoseboard members who may be
failing; if Hunte sues the Club, or if he wants to be so petty, sues the board
members individually, then he opens himself and his corporation up to scrutiny.
Do you really think that Hunte would want his puppy mill operations ,"clean"
incinerator and "high class staff" open for public review and disclosure? I
think it's called pre-trial discovery and I doubt if he would want any part of
it. Plus, I think that other breed clubs may come to our support, one way or
another..

So Lynda. If the "volunteers" have a problem doing what the menbership is
shouting loud and clear,
maybe they will volunteer to resign. Then perhaps,some other more dedicated
volunteers will run for office knowing that we (the general membership) are not
really sheep.

Thanks for listening.

Tony C

From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx