[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Members who won't participate

  • From: Mary Tripp <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx, Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:06:27 -0600

I will again state, I as a person, am not willing to put everything I own
and have worked for on the line to keep Andrew Hunte out of a club.  This
especially since the club did not listen to those who saw it coming and
failed to beef up the membership standards to restrict such members.  This
cannot be placed on the shoulders of this board alone.

Unless you have been through a lawsuit, no matter at what level, you have
no idea how time and mind consuming they can be.  No matter how much
liability insurance, etc that you have, this is not somewhere you want to be.

In line with this, the board needs to address several issues, as I see it:
         1.  Why was Hunte allowed a private presentation
         2.  Why was an illegal closed door session directed
         3.  It was know well in advance that this would come up at this
meeting, why did the two "factions" of the board unite before the vote was
to be taken so that everyone knew where they stood - legally and vote-wise?

I have been in business with some of the largest and smallest companies in
the US for over 30 years and can tell you that there are few real surprises
when the final "deal" is done.  The work is done before the meeting and
nothing is assumed.  Everyone needs to do their homework and do it well.

I know the members did what they could in writing letters, talking to board
members, etc.  What happened to cause the disconnect?  Those who are not
already members, to you I would say that this is no concern of yours until
you join the parent club and work to make it better.  Stop inflaming the
list, let the board try to fix this. I agree with whomever said that the
issue to concentrate on nowis what do we do if there is no way out?

I really do not want public answers, these are just food for thought.
Unfortunately, as soon as the AKC became "commercially" oriented and not
just a registry,as it was originally founded for, the trouble began.  The
movement is growing and the concept of showing dogs is changing. It is no
longer a Gentleman's sport, but a very competitive, commerically oriented
world.

Also, before you crucify the current board members, put yourself in their
position.  Run for the board and find out how totally thankless it
is.  From Lew on down, their job is no fun.

Just my thoughts,

Mary

At 08:27 AM 2/21/2007, DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 2/20/2007 9:17:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
>The  general membership has no personal liability connected to this battle.
>The  BOD may or may not but can you guarantee them that they don't? If not,
>then
>I expect that you will stand tall with them with the necessary commitment  of
>financial support if needed?
>
>"
>
>So, if it costs money its OK to do the wrong thing?  I think  not.
>
>Deb
><BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
>http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
>safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from
>across the
>web, free AOL Mail and much more.

>POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
>FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
>original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
>BE PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org
>5:01 PM
>

>--