[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Members who won't participate/

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:17:36 +0000

From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
 In a message dated 2/20/2007 11:33:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The support is there! They are covered by the Club insurance. And, they
have all of the support of the members who want Hunte out!

 Lynda: My questions still stand - What are the policy limits on the insurance
both
 for the club and for individual directors?

TC: Didn't you see any of Dan Smith's posts. Or Evan's comments on liability?
If not ,
I suggest you go to the archieves and do some research. They are covered by one
million dollars
of insurance. Plus,

 Lynda: From your second sentence, is it correct then that your financial
commitment
 will be forthcoming if requested?

TC: That's a very personal question. However, if you swear to God, that you
will match
or exceed the amount of money I will donate to the cause, I'll answer it.

Lynda: Why would other breed clubs back our fight financially if we will not
back it
 financially ourselves? that's not their responsibility. Most clubs are not as
 well off financially as the GSDCA is and that financial support would be
 coming from their memberships.

TC: What's your hang up with "financially"? Support comes in all different
ways. Time and effort
is currency too! What I was trying to communicate to you, is that all breed
clubs have reasons to see that Hunte
and his ilk or should I say like, have a dog in this fight. Whether it's
dollars, which seems to be your
hot button or conferencing, sharing of ideas and information, or as someone
suggested becoming
a member of a Federation of dog fanciers, it's all the same fight.

Lynda: As I stated earlier........if it were necessary to stand tall with
personal
financial commitment to fight this man if the worst happenned, how committed
 would everyone really be? It's easy to lay that burden on someone else. Easy,
 but unfair.

TC: "Ask not what your Club can do for you: Ask what you can do for your club!
Does that sound familiar?
I can't answer for other members or for you. But, I know that there are many
members committed to righting this wrong.
Perhaps, you are heading a group that is committed to working with us to remove
Hunte.

 Lynda: The general membership has no personal liability connected to this
battle.

TC: You're right. You got me there!  No personal liability! (Money again!)
However, all members have a MORAL responsibility
to the Club and to our dogs to get this man out of the club.

Lynda: The BOD may or may not but can you guarantee them that they don't? If
not, then
 I expect that you will stand tall with them with the necessary commitment of
 financial support if needed?
 lynda

TC: Finance! Here we go again! My answer, Will you match what I donate if we
have to go that way? Yes or No.