[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Black & Red and Black Sables...

  • From: Beth Andrews <gsdbeth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "proudk911@xxxxxxxxx" <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>, SHOW LIST <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 05:43:05 -0800

These are Black Sables

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:11 PM, "cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jen writes: "Jen P & her Pack laughing about the semantics knowing that what I
register as "tan", most of y'all would consider "red" (my reasoning being that
I don't think it is red when you compare to what internationally is considered
red..."

Hmmm...  I'd love to see one of your dogs that you say you
    registered as tan which most of us would consider red.  Have you
    imported or bred European black&red dogs? Do you attend many SV
    shows?   Just curious because when I went to your website,  all I
    saw were whites.

BTW, "most of y'all" is quite the hasty generalization.

Paulette McGuirt
Wellborn-Allemande GSDs

On 1/21/2015 12:20 AM, Jen Proud wrote:

it appears that what people think "is" a certain color or pattern is a matter
of either opinion or semantics.
>So it leaves me wondering, hearing the talk about "black" sables. For those
>willing to answer, how would you describe the look of a black sable?  Or now
>that we can post pictures, a picture would work great too!
>

>Just throwing it out there, thinking along the lines of how we can become more
>effective in promoting our breed and all about it in a consistent manner all
>around the nation, and the positive effect that would have for the breed if we
>were unified in our terminology at least
>

>Jen P & her Pack laughing about the semantics knowing that what I register as
>"tan", most of y'all would consider "red" (my reasoning being that I don't
>think it is red when you compare to what internationally is considered red...
>We'd almost call it "mahogany" here in America!) oh and to me, a "black" sable
>is one who looks just like a bicolor until you part their hair to reveal the
>undercoat being phaeomelanic instead of eumelanic
>
>--
>JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
>Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
>www.jaydeesphs.com
>Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs... Donate to the
>German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
>www.dogshowjuniors.com

POST is Copyrighted 2015.  All material remains the property of the original
are permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.  Each Author is responsible for the
content of his/her post.  This group and its administrators are not responsible
for the comments or opinions expressed in any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A
COURT OF LAW. ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR
USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE
EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE PROSECUTED.  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org  SUBSCRIPTION:
http://showgsd.org/mail.html