[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Black & Red and Black Sables...

  • From: "carolyn mckenna" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "proudk911@xxxxxxxxx" <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>, DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:18:10 +0000 (UTC)

No, color or pattern is not a matter of opinion, nor does undercoat have
anythingto do with sable. Actually, it is the outer coat which is sable,  each
hair beingbanded with two colors.. Also all sables regardless of breed, have
what iscalled a " monk's mask" on the face, more pronounced on some than on
others.This is true of all breeds that allow sables, cplllies, Shelties,
Pembrokes, etc.If you caf ind the book by Anna Katherine Nicholas, there are
some excellentpictures of sables on pages 04,245, 187,272,274, 280  308,
371,395.  The book isquite educational as is the book by Jimmy moses and win
Strickland.