[ SHOWGSD-L ] Black & Red and Black Sables...

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:20:28 -0600

it appears that what people think "is" a certain color or pattern is a
matter of either opinion or semantics.
So it leaves me wondering, hearing the talk about "black" sables. For those
willing to answer, how would you describe the look of a black sable?  Or
now that we can post pictures, a picture would work great too!

Just throwing it out there, thinking along the lines of how we can become
more effective in promoting our breed and all about it in a consistent
manner all around the nation, and the positive effect that would have for
the breed if we were unified in our terminology at least

Jen P & her Pack laughing about the semantics knowing that what I register
as "tan", most of y'all would consider "red" (my reasoning being that I
don't think it is red when you compare to what internationally is
considered red... We'd almost call it "mahogany" here in America!) oh and to
me, a "black" sable is one who looks just like a bicolor until you part
their hair to reveal the undercoat being phaeomelanic instead of eumelanic

--
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs... Donate to
the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com