[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Am I getting to old?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:44:07 -0400

I own some working dogs with someone who at one time was going to go to
Afghanistan as a contractor. Considering the hazards we made all legal
arrangements then, but now that things are reversed and I am getting a bit long

in the tooth, the plans are simply reversed. My Mom had arrangements for her
dogs at an animal sanctuary. Its always nice to make advanced
preparations when you have something definite in mind for them regardless of
your age.
If I come to the age where I cannot handle a puppy I will probably rescue
an older dog.
Lissa

In a message dated 6/29/2015 2:30:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rautt75@xxxxxxxxx writes:

At age 81, I wouldn't get a young dog or pup. I don't feel it would be
fair to it. But an older quieter dog would be fine. They are so much
company and so loyal. And one needs to have a contingency plan if something
should happen to you.
Anne, GA