[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Am I getting to old?

  • From: Gary Weickelt <gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:12:03 -0500

Well, to tell you the truth, I’m 72 with a 9.5 year old, a 3. 5 year old and a
2 year old GSD and am thinking of getting another pup. I don’t consider myself
too old, however I’m in fairly good health except the getting older aches and
pains.
Gary in Wis

On Jun 29, 2015, at 12:41 PM, (Redacted sender "CDRHVN@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a question for the list. When are you to old to get a new puppy? A
shepherd lives to about 12 years so If you get a new pup when you are say 65
years old you will be about 77 years old. when you lose your dog. And do you
need to worry about your declining age and to be able to care for an older
dog? Or do you just go for it and enjoy your life now . Just wondering.