[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Am I getting to old?

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 17:51:22 -0500

The only word of caution I have to give; and this is meant for ALL pet
owners regardless of age... Have the back-up plan in place and in writing
and plan as if something happens to you. I am young still and I have
directive for my animals for what if an accident happens? I sure know they
can! Telling your veterinarian and their noting it in your chart is also
considered valid often when there is nothing else in writing or they will
keep a letter for you about them :)
Also keep a current "pet schedule" on the side of the fridge for if that
happens. Best be planned and it never happens rather than the not for them.
JP&P

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015, Theresa-GSD Stolz <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Dogs improve life regardless of age. If you have owned a GSD
in your lifetime and loved them it would be hard
to live without one. I sure will not live without one and will always
own one. The important thing at any age is just to make sure
someone will always care for them if you are no longer able to.
GSDs give their all to make your life with living so see no reason
why you should not get a pup. Just make sure you get one that suits
your desire and you can deal with.

What are the health benefits of pet ownership?

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/live-longer-with-a-pet.htm

10 Surprising Reasons Your Dog is Good for Your Health

http://dogvacay.com/blog/10-unexpected-side-benefits-of-having-a-dog/

Can owning a pet help you live longer?

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/live-longer-with-a-pet.htm

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>

On Tue, 6/30/15, Gary Weickelt <gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>>
wrote:

Well, to
tell you the truth, I’m 72 with a 9.5 year old, a 3. 5
year old and a 2 year old GSD and am thinking of getting
another pup. I don’t consider myself too old, however
I’m in fairly good health except the getting older aches
and pains. Gary in Wis

On Jun 29,
2015, at 12:41 PM, (Redacted sender "CDRHVN@xxxxxxx <javascript:;>" for
DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>>
wrote:

I have a question for the list. When are you to old to
get a new puppy? A shepherd lives to about 12 years so If
you get a new pup when
you are say 65 years old you will be about 77 years old.
when you lose your dog.
And do you need to worry about your declining age and to be
able to care for an
older dog? Or do you just go for it and enjoy your life now
. Just
wondering.

POST is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the
of any kind are permitted without prior permission of both the original
author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group
and its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

<javascript:;>

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
www.jaydeesphs.com

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs... Donate to
the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com