[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Am I getting to old?

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anne Utter <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:11:40 -0500

Yes, I must say that new puppy is a long haired Chihuahua mix! Small and
surprisingly easy to housebreak LOL. He just as a person who pays attention
n gets him out the kitten sized thing!
But a puppy all the same and a really fun little dog. She's never had a
small dog so she ain't going to treat him much like one either she says...

😃
JP&P

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015, Anne Utter <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree 100% except one should be aware of the activity level needed for
the pup. I would not want a high energy, high drive pup at my age! It
would not be fair to either of us. My present dog is 7 and loves to play
with toys with me but is willing to stop when I want to.
Mostly he likes to play 'keep away' outdoors and run figure 8s (not sure
why fig. 8s) around me. This exercises us both!
Can't imagine being without a dog preferably a German Shepherd.
Anne, GA
Sent from Anne's iPad

On Jun 29, 2015, at 8:23 PM, Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:;>> wrote:

There is a client ar the clinic who is 87 years old and just got a new
puppy for herself. Granted, she lives alone and is totally independent and
drives all "the little old ladies" as she calls them around shopping to
church and bingo and the like LOL
She does have a back up plan for the pup for if something happens to her
and she expects he will be her last dog, but she says she's gonna have fun
with him too.
I think that's the right attitude to have. Room in your heart and home,
why not fill it?
So long as responsible people are in place just in case, I see no
problem with it myself- especially with all the time spent & love given :)

Jen P & her Pack

--
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs... Donate to
the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com