[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4 Month Rule for Matches

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:08:22 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/2007 12:03:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I wasn't  there so I have no idea but I am curious, was there a bench called
at the  show? Or was the complaint made directly to the AKC? If the club was
not given  a chance to handle this then they will probably be faced paying a
fine. At our  last shows we had to rather large problems both concerning dog
fights. Thank  goodness the AKC rep was there. She walked the club through the
paper work and  told us that "It isn't the fact that the club had the problem,
things happen  at shows, it is more important how the club chooses to handle
the problem that  is important to the AKC.

This is not a club matter that can be handled as a bench show  committee.
This is an AKC problem ( and in this case GSDCA problem since  they have the
same rule).  This has to be investigated and proven and  AKC/GSDCA needs to do
the leg work and make sure the accused party is guilty as  charged. As a Show
Chairman  I would not have a bench on this. I would  probably take  the
complaint and forward on or just tell the person  complaining who they should
send
their complaint to and in the case it would be  the AKC/GSDCA.

Lee Brown

Lee Brown