[sac-forum] Re: Puzzling Phenomenon

  • From: "Robert Parks" <rparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:21:01 -0700

Happens every time you are in line with the sun & shadow.

We work hard to keep it from happening in our photogrammetry aerial
photos by watching the sun angle during the flight. In a phoenix summer
this means flying very early, to keep the sun angle below 30 degrees.

Some times called a sun dog or glory.
http://www.weatherquesting.com/glory.htm

Thanks,

Robert G. Parks