[sac-forum] Re: Medical Facilities

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:41:15 -0700

All good points you can check your health plan on line to see what is the preferred hospital. However when my sister was struck by a drunk driver the first person there stole her purse. She was picked up by air to a trauma center and admitted as Jane Doe. In a matter of life and death everything can wait to be sorted out. And you are right we shouldn't have such cases, I do worry about tall ladders, do we need to ware helmets? Head trauma is the most common problem that people don't think of.

Be safe,
Clear Skies
Andrew

Mike Loftus wrote:
The first hurdle is getting help to you; the second may be where they take you.
 Most of our small communities' hospitals can not handle all trauma cases, few
contract with major insurance plans, and you may find yourself out-of-network
looking at charges ($$$$$) not covered by your carrier.  If you have a choice,
(you were not juggling chain saws) you may consider valley hospitals not only
for their capability, but also the quality of care, and greater likelihood of
being included in your insurance plans contract.

Mike