[sac-forum] Re: Medical Facilities

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 06:09:05 -0700

The address for Hovatter Rd only applies to the North side of the road. That would place us directly across form: 51689 Hovatter Rd Roll, AZ 85347.These would be of little use as no homes are there yet. I would need GPS coordinates for Hovatter Norte.

The actual name for 5MM is Buck Butte Meadow. In most cases the GPS coordinates are all that is needed for emergency services. I have discussed this at the last Polo Verde drill. The ham radio is very reliable as state wide coverage is very good and I have heard calls to 911 on several occasions. The location was given by mile marker and GPS coordinates.

Clear Skies
Andrew

gene lucas wrote:
I think Andrew Goodwin reported (in a previous e-mail) what the "street address" for the "Antennas" site actually was.. Perhaps he could supply the same info for "Hovatter Norte" ??

For "Five Mile Meadow", the actual location is in a differently-named geographic feature (which I conveniently have forgotten)...

Gene
(17250)
AJ Crayon wrote:
Such great thoughts and comments. I had no idea it would turn out this good. For me my thoughts are along much the same lines and have thought about what to tell a 911 operator. Don't think telling them we're at the Antenna site - obvious here. How about on Hovatter Rd south of I-10 - still not accurate enough. Perhaps turn by turn directions? This is why I take directions to all of our sites, including EVACs because I'm a member also. Hopefully a the operator will be able to transcribe. Of course it is good that there are GPS coordinates, but the roads aren't as straight as in Phoenix. So, how well are the remote medical vehicles equiped for finding such a site?

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ
[earlier discussion again snipped -- GL]